Basic Driving Tips.
To be able to drive in Cyprus you must hold either a valid international driving license or your national driving license, provided it is valid for the class of vehicle you wish to drive. Drivers must be over 25 years old, however, if you are 21, you can hire a car providing you have held your license for over 3 years.
– Always keep your driving license, insurance papers and car hire contract with you.
– Driving is on the left hand side of the road
– International road traffic signs are in English and are placed on the left hand side of the roads and highways.- Obey speed limits
– These are posted in kilometers
– Petrol is available even after closing time as most petrol station are equipped with automatic petrol pumps.
– The use of both front and rear seatbelts is compulsory and use of mobile phones without hands-free is strictly prohibited.
Car Hire – Important to know!!
Self drive car rental firm have offices in all resorts.
– Rates vary according to the rental period, season of the year and extras.
– Unlimited mileage.
– By booking through PREZAS TOURS, the vehicles can be delivered to your hotel.
They are delivered with half tank of fuel.
– In the event of an accident you must call the police to the scene and company immediately.
|GROUP||CAR TYPE||SEATS||2-6 DAYS||7-14 DAYS||OVER 15 DAYS|
Suzuki Alto 800
|B||Chevrolet Spark 1200 cc A/C|
Chevrolet Matiz A/C
|C||Mazda 323 1300 A/C|
Mitsubishi Lancer 1300 A/C
Opel Corsa 1200 A/C
|D||Mitsubishi lancer 1500 A/C|
Chevrolet Aveo 1400 A/C
Opel Astra 1600 A/C
|F||Chevrolet Kalos Auto A/ C|
Opel Corsa Auto 1400 cc A/C
Chevr.Aveo Auto 1400 cc A/C
Mazda Demio Auto 1400 cc A/C
Nissan March Auto 1400 cc A/C
|G||Opel Zafira 1600 A/C||7||70.00||65.00||60.00|
All prices in euros per day/ prices do not include VAT