Travel through the beautiful Troodos Mountains, explore some of the most picturesque and traditional villages and visit the richest and most miraculous monastery of Cyprus!
Our first stop is Kakopetria, where you will get the chance to walk around the quaint little village known for its running waters and mini waterfall and mingle with the friendly locals.
Driving through the mountains, we then stop at Throni, which is located on the top of the mountain amongst a beautiful pine forest. This location offers breathtaking and scenic views of Troodos Mountains. There you will also have the chance to visit the tomb of Archbishop Makarios III , the first President of Cyprus.
We then drive to Kykkos Monastery, founded by the Byzantines in 1092. Kykkos is dedicated to Virgin Mary and it is the richest monastery on the island. It also possesses one of the three surviving icons painted by Saint Luke.
The miraculous icon, which is covered in silver gilt and enclosed in a shrine of tortoise shell and mother -of- pearl, holds an eminent position in the church. Free time will be given to visit monastery and to have lunch (optional extra).
*Adult ticket: 36 €
*Kid ticket: 18 €
*Children from 2 to 12 years old – 50% discount
*Infants up to 24 months old – free
*Visitors must dress appropriately when visiting religious places. No tank tops or shorts allowed for men or women!
*Passport or European Union ID card is needed for trips to Kerynia and\or Famagusta*Entrance fees for all excursions are included in the prices (except entrance fees at the House of Dionysus mosaics, Salamis, and Saint Barnabas)
*Meals are not included in the prices
- Pick up from hotels in Protaras 07:00 – 07:30
- Pick up from hotels in Ayia Napa 07:35 – 07:55
- Pick up from hotels in Larnaca 08:10 – 08:25
- Coffee break near Astromeritis (approx. 20 mins)
- Guiding and free time in Kakopetria Village (approx. 1 hour)
- Guiding in Throni (tomb of Archbishop Makarios) (approx. 30 mins)
- Guiding in Kykkos Monastery and free time for lunch (optional extra not included in the price) (approx. 1 hour and 45 mins)
- Return in Larnaca around 17.00, Ayia Napa around 17.30 and Protaras around 18.00
Note: Please advise clients that all visitors must dress appropriately when visiting Kykkos Monastery. No tank tops or shorts allowed for men or women inside the monastery!