A trip that will give you the chance to discover the unspoiled beauty of the northern part of Cyprus and to get an exciting taste of the turbulent history of the island!
Travelling towards Famagusta town center, we drive right next to the ‘Ghost Town’ (the fenced sealed-off area of the town) which remains trapped in a time-lock the Turkish invasion in Cyprus, in 1974.
We then arrive at Famagusta Old Town Center where free time will be given to enjoy the surroundings of this beautiful coastal town, famous for its golden sandy beaches, its Old Venetian Walls and Gothic Church of Saint Nicholas.
Driving through Pentadaktilos Mountain Range, we arrive at Bellapais Abbey which is a masterpiece of Gothic Art! Its construction was completed in the 13th century AD by the White Canons, a Roman Catholic religious order founded by Saint Norbert.
Driving through Pentadaktilos Mountain Range, we arrive at Bellapais Abbey which is a masterpiece of Gothic Art! Its construction was completed in the 13th century AD by the White Canons, a Roman Catholic religious order founded by Saint Norbert. The Abbey also offers breathtaking views of the coast of Kerynia and a pleasant atmosphere of tranquility.
Our final stop is in the northern end of the island at the town of Kerynia, a city with more than 3000 years of Green history. Plenty of free time is given for lunch (optional extra) and sightseeing. There, you can also visit the picturesque Harbour and the Castle of Kerynia, which hosts the remains of one of the oldest shipwrecks in the world (optional extra).
- Passports or European Union ID Cards are needed on the day of excursion.
For this excursion, clients staying in Larnaca area are transferred to and back from the excursion bus in Ayia Napa with mini bus or local bus service.
*Adult ticket: 42 €
*Kid ticket: 21 €
*Children from 2 to 12 years old – 50% discount
*Infants up to 24 months old – free
*Passport or European Union ID card is needed for trips to Kerynia and\or Famagusta
*Entrance fees for all excursions are included in the prices (except entrance fees at the House of Dionysus mosaics, Salamis, and Saint Barnabas)
*Meals are not included in the prices
- Pick up from hotels in Protaras 08:00 – 08:30
- Pick up from hotels in Ayia Napa 08:35 – 08:55
- Pick up from hotels in Larnaca 08:00 – 08:25
***(For this excursion, clients staying in Larnaca area are transferred to and back from the excursion bus in Ayia Napa with mini bus or local bus service)
- Enter the border through Strovilia (Vrysoulles) checkpoint
- Short drive close to the “Ghost Town” (the fenced sealed-off area of Famagusta)
- Free time in Famagusta Old Town Center (approx. 1 hour)
- Visit at Bellapais Abbey (approx. 45 mins)
- Free time for lunch at Kerynia Harbour (optional extra not included in the price) (approx. 2 hours)
- Exit the border through Strovilia (Vrysoulles) checkpoint
- Return in Ayia Napa and Protaras around 17:30 – 18:00, Return in Larnaca around 17:30
Note: PLEASE ADVISE CLIENTS THAT ON THE DAY OF THE KERYNIA & FAMAGUSTA EXCURSION THEY MUST HAVE WITH THEM THEIR PASSPORTS OR NATIONAL ID CARDS. ONLY EUROPEAN UNION CITIZENS ARE ALLOWED TO USE THEIR NATIONAL ID CARDS. ONLY ORIGINAL DOCUMENTS WILL BE ACCEPTED AT THE CHECKPOINT – NO PHOTOCOPIES ALLOWED!